THE VALUE OF ACFSNT
The value of ACFS NT: Promoting friendship between the people of Australia and the people of China.
A brief overview of Australia China Friendship Society NT Branch
Australia China Friendship Society NT is established in the 1970s and incorporated on the 12th August 1998. The Aim of the society is to promote friendship and understanding between the people of Australia and people of China through cultural, educational, sport, trade, tourism exchange between Australia and China. The following are the key activities:
1. Conduct multicultural performance to promote Chinese cultural and art. Through these performances there is enhanced harmony among different ethnic communities. ACFS NT has a wide community support.
2. Run workshops to facilitate the business development between China and Darwin
3. Conduct projects such as International Student Wellbeing to promote development and recruitment of Chinese international students and add value to the Territory economy.
4. Conduct workshops to help the new migrants to settling in the Northern Territory and become better and more productive residents.
5. ACFS NT has hosted numerous Chinese Friendship delegations (government and non government) and aims to promote the friendship and collaboration between the China and the Northern Territory in education, art, tourism, business and trade.
6. ACFS NT serves as a bridge for friendship between Australia and China whenever there is a need.
7. ACFS NT had long term commitment to contribute to the continued growth of the NT economy, and to the growth of Australia- China business connections, promoting investment and trade, and leading to the creation of jobs and opportunities.